- Posted by: Finnovaregio Foundation
- Category: Calls
For traditional large-scale projects that contribute to the fight against climate change in the areas of mitigation, adaptation and governance and information.
LIFE ClimateAction sub-programme aims specifically to fulfil the following objectives of LIFE programme:
- To contributeto the shift towards a resource-efficient, low-carbon and climate-resilient economy;
- To improve the development, implementation and enforcement of Union climate policy and legislation;
- To act as a catalystfor, and promote, the integration and mainstreaming of climate objectives into other Union policies and public and private sector practice.
The LIFE Climate Action call for proposals will close on 6 October 2020. Of the €3.4 billion allocated to the LIFE programme, the Climate Action sub-programme has been endowed with a total of €864 million, of which €413 million have been allocated for the 2018-2020 period.
The LIFE 2020 call for the Climate Action sub-programme has €74.1 million.
The co-financing percentage for traditional projects is 55%.
Certain projects or specific actions could directly or indirectly target problems linked with the management of COVID-19 pandemic.
The LIFE Climate Action sub-program encompasses three priority areas:
- Mitigation of climate change (€35.9 million): renewable energies, energy efficiency, farming, land use, and peatland management.
- Adaptation to climate change (€30.2 million): resilience to water scarcity, droughts, forest fires or floods, adaptive technologies for economic sectors, and safeguarding natural resources.
- Governance and information (€8 million): awareness raising, training and capacity building, law compliance and enforcement, knowledge development and stakeholder participation.
Should be used eProposal web application to build and submit the application.
Among the beneficiaries of these funds there are:
- Public bodies operating under a national government’s authority (e.g. local authorities, national administrations, etc.),
- Private commercial organisations,
- Private non-commercial organisations (NGOs etc.).
Important to note, UK applicants and beneficiaries remain eligible to receive LIFE funds. This applies to existing grants, ongoing procedures and calls for proposals published in 2020 even if the grant is signed after 31 December 2020.
For more information:
Cristina Tavío | Project Manager at Finnova Foundation
Tel: +32 492 41 53 39